Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello again!




Here I am! I'm back!

I stopped biking over the summer due to health issues but am finally back on the road. Actually I've been riding practically every day for almost the past six weeks. I hope to update my blog regularly, but it probably won't be daily as it was before.

As you can see above, I got a new bike! It's a Trek Sole Ride 300, a crank-forward (or semi-recumbent) bike. The seat is lower and the pedals are farther forward than on a traditional bike, allowing me to sit on the seat rather than straddle it, making for a MUCH more comfortable ride! The handle bars come farther back, too, so there's not so much straining to keep hold of them-- no more numb hands or arms.

This bike is so easy and fun to ride that I could ride up to twenty miles almost immediately after purchasing it, even though the farthest I ever made it on my hybrid was 12 miles. Currently I'm riding anywhere from three to twenty miles every single day.

The bike is kind of heavy, though, and I wish I had been more patient when looking for a semi-recumbent. There are lighter models available-- although they're not lighter on your pocketbook. Still, as soon as I took this one for a test spin I didn't want to look any further. I was completely won over by how comfortable it is!

Here's a picture from a recent ride; this was just at the top of a big downhill segment:




See you soon!

No comments: