Thursday, October 30, 2008

Epic Fail and an inauspicious new beginning...


Yes, it's true. I've failed in my quest to ride my bike every single day for a year. I don't know if it was just that I lost some momentum and excitement at the end of the summer or the fact that I wasn't very organized during the first part of my school semester or some combination of the two, but I haven't ridden my bike for about five weeks now. The picture above is from my last ride-- this is the farm where I saw the helicopter way back when.



So I decided today that I'd give it another try. Start over and see if I can make it 365 days. We're supposed to have a terribly cold winter, but I'm going to try anyway.

When I took my bike out earlier today I couldn't figure out why it was so hard to get going and why it was such a rough ride-- I'd only gone a block and half. Well, my back tire is practically flat! I'll have to take it to the gas station later or tomorrow and pump it up.

What a disappointing start!

Anyway, since I didn't get anywhere I took some photos of a few of my front porch plants. And my meditating dog. I wish my real dogs were that serene.

1 comment:

sistersmn said...

Just checked on your blog -- sorry about that bad start with the flat tire. LOVED your picture of the dog statue. Wherever did you find it? Perfect dog! You should have more of that kind! JK
My walking routine has suffered the same fate as your biking. How do we get started again.
Bye for now!