Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 50 of 365 I'm still here!


Yes, I'm still here-- and still riding! I just haven't been riding very far at all for almost the past week. Just around my block. When I logged on today I couldn't believe it had been six days since I last blogged! Hopefully everyone will come back and start reading again.


As I said I've mostly been riding just one block sometime in the day. I think maybe I'd gone only about two miles this whole week, until today. It just seemed like every day my time got away from me and I couldn't go for a longer ride.

But now I'm back on track! I could really notice a difference today in my stamina-- that low-mileage week has set me back a little. I'm sure I'll be back up to speed in just a few days, though.

The scenery has changed, too-- most of the corn and soybeans are gone and many of the flowers have turned brown or have puffed out like the milkweed above. It's still like a Woolly Bear city out there, though, and I also saw this Monarch Caterpillar munching on a milkweed leaf. You can even see his chew marks at the top of that leaf.

I also saw this guy-- I think it's a Leafroller Moth, but I'm not positive:


He was tiny and I think it was nothing but luck that I saw him in the grass. And that he didn't fly away.

Total miles for the past six days: 6 Total miles: 219

4 comments:

Kerilou said...

Glad you are okay! I was getting concerned, lol! Love that monarch pic, haven't see any of those this year!
Keep riding!
Keri

helmet hair 365 said...

Thanks Keri! It was just one of those weeks, lol.

Pam said...

Aww those are rough times, but good for you for getting back out there! Love all the 'bugs'.

sistersmn said...

Hey, just got back from Chicago and lots of walking. I would say at least 2 miles a day. Determined to do the same here starting tomorrow. How wonderful to walk there with no hills! Anyway, glad to hear you are back to it as well. More soon -- Love to you!