Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I think this'll be fun!


I've decided to enter the Summer Games at Let's Go Ride a Bike, a nifty website/blog I came across yesterday. The Games actually started May 17, but the first round ends June 7 so I'm making it in just under the wire!

There are three different categories composed of five different activities. All you have to do is complete at least two activities in the featured category to be entered in drawings for all kinds of cool stuff. Obviously that's a way simplified explanation; click on the picture above to get all the details! And give it a try! I never win anything so I won't be holding my breath, lol. I love bike challenges, though, so this is right up my alley.

I did ride today for just a short bit-- downtown for breakfast, to the bank and on to the dentist to pay a bill. Then I took my bike over to Green Mountain Cyclery to have some new tires and also a rack put on my bike. I've decided to try narrower tires to see if I can make my riding a titch more efficient-- but they're going to hang on to my old ones in case I don't like the feel of these new ones. I LOVE riding on fat tires-- so comfortable and easy in many ways. But I'm wanting to go longer distances now and it makes sense to do what I can to facilitate that.

As for the rack, a couple of people told me that I wasn't going to be able to put a rack on my bike due to its crank-forward design. Well, they were wrong! The mechanic found one that would work in less than five minutes. This rack doesn't come with its own basket so I'll try my Topeak basket, and if that doesn't work I'll do like the Amish and bungee a milk crate or cardboard box to it!

The only negative about all this is that I can't pick up my bike until after four tomorrow! That means no riding tonight or most of the day on Wednesday... boo! On the plus side, I did get the grass mowed this afternoon and I now have plenty of time to vacuum before my brother shows up on Thursday.

Once I pick up my bike tomorrow I'm heading out for my second ride with the bike club, and it's another ice cream ride. A great pace to try out my new tires!

Here's a picture I took about a month ago of a barn cat-- it looks like she might be pregnant, actually:

2 comments:

Disneypal said...

That is great about the Summer Games - can't wait to read your updates from that.

Cute picture of the cat - she does look pregnant! Is that a bunch of corn behind her?

Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt said...

This sounds like a great motivator! Can't wait to hear how you do in the Summer Games!