Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 1 of 365


For my first ride of the year I decided to head out to the Mennonite church down the road from my house. It's exactly two miles from my place and a pretty easy going ride. When I took the dogs out at 9 this morning it was already 80 degrees, so easy was the way to go.

This isn't the church of course, but a neighbor's farm. They sell free range eggs for $2.50 a dozen-- an excellent price. The corn's looking pretty good! Tall, at least. The corn silks look so vibrant-- almost like real hair. Not all slimy like they can get in the store.

I went out around 7 pm. It was still hot, but there was a cooler breeze and the sun wasn't beating down. I took some pictures of the church but they were terrible, so I'll take some shots another time and add them to another post.

Miles today: 4 Total miles: 4

No comments: