Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 3 of 365: Say hello to my little friend...


My little nemesis is more like it. You'll have to click on this photo to actually see it, but this light makes me crazy.

I have to make a left to get onto the 'busy-ish' road I mentioned yesterday and this stoplight is my gateway to where I need to go. But unless there's a car right behind me I can end up waiting a long time... probably forever if I didn't go ahead and cross against the light.

It has one of those little cameras (or is it a scale under the road surface?) that tells it to change if someone pulls up, else the opposing traffic has a continual green. Well, apparently my bike and I don't rate because it never changes just for us.

When I can cross with the green I get good momentum for the last leg of the trip, which is uphill. That's because there's a slight downgrade here and I pick up speed as go across. When I have to inch up and inch up to see the cross traffic I lose that extra boost. And for someone like me every little bit helps!

Miles today: 3 Total miles: 10

1 comment:

bikesister said...

I think that light's gas-powered vehiclist and they should change that. Maybe you could run for town council and advocate for bike-riders??