Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 2 of 365-- It's a sauna out there!

I got my ride in early today!

The forecast here is for temps hovering around 88 degrees with a "real feel" of 96 and humidity at 62%. Afternoon thunderstorms possible. Not very pleasant conditions for a bike ride, for sure.

I had two clients today, starting at 9am, so I decided to ride to work. I'm not sure of the exact temperature when I headed out, but it was up there. The breeze still had a hint of coolness at 8:15 this morning, though.

My office is a mile and a half from home, and the route is mostly uphill on the way there and downhill for the return trip. (of course) I don't usually like riding to work at this time of day because of the traffic. I have to ride on a busy road-- busy for this area, anyway-- and people are rushing to get to work, not always paying attention. Still, there's a good shoulder and everything was fine.

The trip home at noon wasn't exactly miserable, it was downhill after all, but man was it HOT and HUMID. The air is almost thick right now, like being in a sauna or a big fog. I was soaking by the time I got home and I wasn't even working that hard!

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge. I have 5 clients, the first appointment starting at 9 am and the last one at 8:15 pm. I have some down time between 11:30 and 4, but the weather is supposed to be similar to today, with more thunderstorms likely. I'll see how everything goes, but I suppose it's possible I'll be taking a short trip around my neighborhood at 10pm!

Miles today: 3 Total miles: 7

No comments: