Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 4 of 365


Now here's something you don't see every day! This helicopter was at the farm where they sell the free range eggs. From the "spray arms" (I'm sure they have a technical name) attached to the helicopter to the tanks in the field beyond, I assumed they were going to be spraying the field with something, fertilizer probably.

They did end up spraying, but I have no idea what it was. As I was getting ready to take pictures of it in the air before it picked up whatever was in the tanks, I started to get nervous: what if they didn't want anyone to photograph them? I hadn't asked permission after all. They might come after me--- fly real low and send me into a ditch! Land in front of me, jump out, take my camera and smash it! I was getting into something of a panic, lol.


Once I got a ways away I did take a picture. This was as it was circling back to make another pass low to the field.

I did my regular ride up to the Mennonite church in the middle of all that excitement. It was hot as heck but not nearly as humid as it has been. A lovely day for a short bike ride, all in all.

Miles today: 4 Total miles: 14

No comments: