Friday, April 2, 2010

At the Drive-through...


Sometimes Becky and I pop over to the Lititz Family Cupboard restaurant for something to eat if we have time between clients. They're just around the bend from the office and they serve typical Lancaster County food. Just good country food like chicken and waffles, chicken pot pie (chicken soup with a big noodle in it, not the chicken pot pie that they make everywhere else), sweet cucumber salad and so on. And lots of hardboiled eggs --although I avoid those.

They also have this adorable little drive through connected to the bakery portion of the restaurant. That red cow bell just tickles me every time I see it.

Anyway, I ride up there on my bike and order an iced tea once or twice a week. Always unsweetened tea, no lemon please. I should probably invest in a cup holder for my bike since it's a bit of a pain to steer when I have a big cup of tea in one hand!

If you look closely at the picture above you can see a silo reflected in the glass. Here's what you see if you turn around and look opposite the drive up window, taken on a rainy day earlier in the week: Or was it last week? I guess it doesn't really matter.


And when I look at this next one I wonder what the heck I was doing at the drive through-- it looks so dark and ready for storming. These two were in the same batch I took the day I got caught in the rainstorm. Maybe if I'd spent less time taking pictures I'd have been home before the rain started!



No comments: