Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sauder's Egg Ride


Yesterday I participated in the Sauder's Eggs 18th Annual Easter Egg Run & Ride. It's fundraiser for the Lititz Fire Department, and you can do a 5K walk, a five mile run, or 10, 25 or 50 mile bike ride. The run is for prize money, but everything else is just for fun. I opted for the ten mile ride (although it was actually almost eleven miles-- plus my three mile round trip to get to the start point). I thought I could probably do the 25 miler, but didn't want to over-reach on my very first group ride-- and what a wise decision that turned out to be!

Check out this hill:

Aaarrrgghhh!! Yes, I walked it from about the half way point. It was tough to have little kids on dirt bikes and grandparents on hybrids passing me, but I tried to keep in mind that my bike is not made for speed. It's made for cruising around and enjoying the scenery. And this was not a race! But it bugged me, I admit. I did keep up for the most part, although I had to stop from time to time to take pictures, of course.

These babies were interested in watching the bikes go by:

They were so funny, too-- turning their heads first one way and then the other as people rode by.

This picture caused me to fall way behind the rest of the group. I kept taking and re-taking it, trying to get it perfect. I think I had like fifteen or twenty very similar shots when I uploaded the photos from my camera!

What I should probably do is take a photography class and learn how to really use my camera rather than relying on luck to get a picture. Or I could read the instruction manual... if I can ever find it.


When we got back to the start point they served omelets made with Sauder's eggs. I didn't take a picture of my omelet, but here are some other photos.

Water, oranges, bananas, etc, and a funny egg-like creature:


I have a number of other photos to share, but I have to get ready to go to my mom's for some Easter dinner. So I'll just end with this photo of my bike before the ride:



4 comments:

Toni Alexis said...

I *love* the picture of the cows and the fact that they were actually watching you guys ride by is too funny!

Grace2882 said...

This is amazing. I could never do such a race but I do applaud those with the determination to do so. Love the pics too.

NYC Mom said...

I love the cow pic! Have always loved baby cows. Congrats on the run!!

Katie said...

Love the one of the cows. So hilarious!!