Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random photos to go with a random bike ride...


No pictures from my ride today. I hadn't really planned to do any riding anyway as I woke a up at four in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep, plus it was raining. I had taken most of the day off to meet with my writing group and had no clients scheduled for the later afternoon and evening. But wouldn't you know it... as I lay in bed trying to take a nap around 4:30, the phone rang-- I had a client who wanted to come on at 6:30.

I decided to ride over to the office and then back home, a three mile round trip. Oh my gosh I was soooo tired. But on the way home I got a second wind and decided to go around the block-- around the block meaning an additional eight miles.

Eight miles is hardly any distance at all, except that it was pretty much dark when I made the decision to do it. Of course I have head and tail lights for my bike as well as reflectors, but I didn't have my reflective vest and I was going to be on some lonely roads that had no street lamps. But I went anyway.

I guess I just wanted to scare myself because I took the loneliest of lonely roads around my house, mist coming off the fields and everything. I can't remember the last time I pedaled so fast... thank goodness I wasn't riding by the spooky house!

Anyway, I took no pictures tonight so here are some photos taken at Lititz Springs Park at different times during the past year. And we'll finish up with some cows scaring me:


No comments: