Monday, May 24, 2010

Did someone say crazy windy rainstorm rolling in?


Yeah-- me! It's been cloudy on and off the past few days and we've had some sprinkles, but nothing major. I decided to go out for a quick ride around 5:30 and the sky was blue with some fluffy white clouds. As I was taking pictures, though, I noticed that the sky was getting darker and darker...And all of a sudden it started POURING! No thunder or lightning, which was my main concern, but I got soaked! I stopped at my friend Eugie's house to see if I could hang out there until everything blew over, but she wasn't there-- she was out on HER bike, lol. Her husband was there, though, and we chatted for a few minutes until the rain slowed down and then I headed back out. I was already drenched, so stopping didn't really help me all that much anyway!You might recognize this spot from an earlier post... it's the Lancaster County Stonehenge, only now it's covered in clover and all kinds of other plants (and look at the sky-- yikes). I love clover because it's purple, smells sweet, and you can eat it, lol.Mulberries! When we were kids there was a mulberry tree up the street and we used to go pick a bunch and put them in a bowl with milk and sugar. Yum!And raspberries! Raspberries and blackberries also grew in the woods around our house, but they were never as plentiful as the mulberries.Obviously neither the mulberries nor the raspberries are ripe yet. The question is-- can I get a few berries before the birds do?? These past few years they've picked everything clean before I even get a chance at them, the stinkers!

One more thing-- despite the rainstorm, there wasn't a rainbow to be found. Boo! Maybe next time...

2 comments:

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I love mulberries. Stay safe in that crazy weather.

Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt said...

That first photo is nuts! It is such a cool photo. Be safe in the rain!