Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 35 of 365



I missed day 34, I know. I did ride, I just haven't blogged about it yet. Hopefully I'll get it done tonight.

This is a picture of a bike I saw when I was riding in New York. It was parked here just outside Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.

My trip got cut short and I ended up coming home late last night, two days earlier than I'd planned. Everything is fine, it's just some of that family stuff that happens from time to time.

Needless to say, I've been pretty down for most of the day and spent most of my time moping around the house and sleeping. I did finally drag myself out for a ride at about 8pm. It was already dark so once again I rode around my neighborhood. I hope to get back on a good biking track (no pun intended) tomorrow.

Here is a view down the street where my car was parked. Haven, I think it was. My car is up on the left. (you can't see it) This road runs parallel to my dad's. Also on the left is the park that you can see from my dad's apartment. Now here's my car: (the Subaru)

I know the other day I said there was only like six inches on either side of my car, but obviously when you look at this picture you can see that it's more like 12 inches. It's still too close as far as I'm concerned!


Miles today: 1 Total miles: 177

3 comments:

Pam said...

You are a brave woman for driving/parking in NYC *even if your dad parked*, lol!!!!

Great photos!

Kerilou said...

You were right, that is way too close! Glad you got home safely, even if it was a bit early. Hope you have a great day!
Kerilou

sistersmn said...

Marg, i did not know you had to leave early. so sorry. Loved your parking job -- I could do that. Kids used to call it "braille parking" when I was in Chicago!
I gave Cindy your blogspot today, so I hope you will hear from her.
The republican plot thickens!
Love you!