Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 41 of 365


What a beautiful day today was! And what a great day for butterflies! I couldn't believe my luck with getting pictures of these guys today. For some reason they're not quite as crisp as I'd like, but they still came out decently for the most part. This Buckeye above is my favorite of the day-- and it was also the easiest picture to take. It was just sitting there in the road sunning itself. Beautiful.

This is a Painted Lady. The side view is just as striking but didn't come out as clearly.

This is an Eastern Tailed Blue. It was difficult to get a picture of this one-- I was lucky with this shot!


I believe this is a Common Branded Skipper, but it's kind of hard to tell.

Either way, he was pretty mellow and easy to photograph.



I rode downtown for breakfast and then to the park. I took a ton of pictures at the park, but once I got all these butterflies (and I have more that haven't been identified) I decided to put them up today.

Miles today: 7 Total miles: 206

3 comments:

sistersmn said...

The butterfly photos are stunning -- especially the first. I don't think I have seen that butterfly before. Good to see that you got in 7 miles yesterday -- it was a beautiful day! Chris and Dexter spent the day with us. Bears won last night -- 29-13 over Indy! I was thrilled to say the least.

Kerilou said...

I never have much luck with butterfly photos. These are wonderful! I like the blue one best!! You hit WAY over your 200 mark! Hooray!
Kerilou

helmet hair 365 said...

Thank you!

Butterflies are really hard to photograph-- sometimes I even get a touch angry when trying to get them...and butterflies shouldn't make anyone angry!

I can't believe I went over the 200 mile mark! And Barb, you need to switch from football to Nascar!!