Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring in Lancaster County means...


babies!


There are so many calves and colts and lambs around these days. So much adorableness is almost unbearable, lol. These babies are about four miles from my house. There are also some lambs a little farther along the way; maybe I'll get some pictures for Friday's blogging.

I went on two rides today for a total of 23 miles. I did go back to the spooky house to see if I would be brave enough to peek in the windows and take a picture, but while I was getting myself psyched to do it the wind kicked up and this piece of the (metal) roof started banging around and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I literally jumped off my bike seat! Can you see it hanging there?

I also got a picture of another decrepit tractor-- at least it's protected from the elements...

I did go left instead of right at an important intersection and ended up miles away from where I intended to be-- and at the bottom of a very steep, very long hill. Bummer. I walked it most of the way. I thought this was pretty funny as I was walking by:

Really? Is it that dangerous? Looks pretty benign to me, but what do I know? I'm from New Jersey!


I took a bunch more pictures today but I'll leave them for tomorrow. I'm doing as little work as possible for the rest of the week as my hands are literally burning from overuse. I need ice, rest and some massage for the next few days. Having a crank-forward bike has been a god-send! Because I sit back and upright there's no real pressure on my hands or arms while I'm riding, allowing me to still get out there and do my thing. Tomorrow I have my last two clients of the week as well as a school meeting so I won't get much riding done. Friday I'm off, however, and plan to try for thirty miles! If my hands are really bad I'll have to scrap it, crank-forward or no. So here's hoping I'm on the mend by then.


No comments: