Sunday, March 21, 2010

Water!


Not just water-- rapids!

No, not really. This is a little ripple in Lititz Run. To put it into context here are two more pictures of the stream, looking in opposite directions.

To the east:
And to the west:

Looks kind of peaceful, doesn't it? But turn around and 772 is right there, with cars zipping back and forth. But if you're close enough to the baby rapids all you hear is water, so it's all good.

I don't know what the deal is but most of the cyclists I'm seeing out and about these days aren't all that amiable. Seems like everyone I saw out riding during the winter had a friendly hello or a wave. Now, though, they just blow right by without so much as even a nod. Maybe there's something about meeting a fellow traveler willing to brave the elements that makes people want to acknowledge each other. And hey, even rude people want to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather-- it's simply my bad luck to have encountered them!

1 comment:

wholarmor said...

I used to ride the highway between our two college towns before they got a special biking/walking path. I was really glad when we got a safer alternative to travel on. And people here are usually friendly and wave to each other, but I'm sure you would encounter the ones who keep to themselves anywhere you go.