Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 10 of 365: Maybe I should change the name of this blog


to Still Life with Bicycle and Wildflowers. I know for sure that I need to remember to put a bigger memory card into my camera before I go out again. The card I had today was full before I'd even gone a mile, and I was being very selective about what I was trying to photograph!

On the left is Hedge Bindweed and above, Chicory. Chicory is one of my favorite flowers-- weed, wildflower or regular garden flower. I love the color.

I have so many pictures to identify and TONS of flowers that I haven't even gotten photos of yet. And it's only been one week in August. AND we're just talking about roadside plants! Just documenting what's there right now is daunting. When you start thinking about all the different plants that bloom at different times of the year and then factor in the growth phases of all those plants... well, it's almost overwhelming.

But I'm hooked, so I'll keep at it! I think I might do a little flower scrapbook. Keep track of when and where I took each photo and so on. Where I'll find time to do that I don't know, but it sounds like something fun to do.

Miles today: 7 Total miles: 47

1 comment:

Kerilou said...

I love chicory, too! I always comment on it to my son every summer. I love the vibrant and rare color~Love your blog..best wishes to you..I can only imagine riding a bike 10 miles...I probably couldn't do one! Thanks for visiting my blog, Kerilou