Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 19 of 365

I did something really dumb today. I decided to try out a new bike trail that starts on the other side of town. No, that's not the dumb part. This is: I wanted to stop at the tea shop to get an iced tea and sugar cookie for the ride, so put a five dollar bill in a plastic bag and stuck it back in my basket, just like that. Nothing weighting it down or anything, just lying there on its own. I assumed my camera and bottle of cranberry juice would hold it in place.

I forgot how much my camera and bottles bounce and roll around back there. Needless to say, by the time I got downtown my five dollars was long gone. At that point I was so annoyed that I wanted to turn around and go home.


I'm glad I didn't, though, because I found the most amazing new flowers on this bike path! This is bur cucumber (yes, only one 'r' in bur) in both these pictures. And that's also bur cucumber below on the right. **Those prickly fruits are actually common burdock, not bur cucumber as I originally thought**

I don't think I'd want to eat these cucumbers...

I have lots of photos to go through and flowers to identify. I took 67 pictures today alone.

Tomorrow I'll be riding down for breakfast and depending on how I'm feeling I might go back down this bike trail.


Miles today: 7 Total miles: 118

3 comments:

Kerilou said...

Too cool! Sorry about your money. I am loving your blog so much. Keep it up! Kerilou

helmet hair 365 said...

Thanks Kerilou! I'm trying to catch up on reading everyone's blogs, but it seems like I barely have a moment to get my own done before I have to do something else-- like work, lol.

Pam said...

Those are beautiful!!! That's one of my favorite trail things, looking at all the beautiful flora along the way!

Sorry about your money. I didn't have a basket on mine, so I used to ride with a backpack on. So hot:P.