Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 14 of 365

Have you ever gone to one of those huge mazes cut into a field of corn? You wander and wander and wander and every time you think you've found the way out you come to a dead end? It's as if the corn is moving around and keeping the true path hidden...

Well, guess what? It probably is doing just that! Check it out:



Corn stalks have feet! Who knew?! But is it creepy or wondrous? I'm thinking it depends on whether it's day light or darkness.

The days are so beautiful right now-- it really is like September. I did my seven mile ride, but in the opposite direction.


I took these pictures at different times, but they are both White Campion. I love the seed pod; if it wasn't so tiny it would be great in a dried flower arrangement.



Don't forget to watch for the Perseid meteor shower tonight!

Miles today: 7 Total miles: 76

4 comments:

glitzen said...

very cool! love your nature shots.

Putabuttononit

Jerilynn said...

Your nature shots are great and different from most! Good luck with your bike riding. I think it's a great idea!

helmet hair 365 said...

Thank you-- I'm getting addicted to taking these pictures. Now I just wish I had a great camera!

Kerilou said...

I dont' think that I could ever go in a maze. Clausterphobia issues. Those corn toes are too cool! You do just fine with the camera you have! Kerilou