Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 13 of 365: Sunday breakfast with mom

My mom called me yesterday and asked me what I was going to be doing today. Just riding downtown for breakfast, I said. Oh, she said, maybe I'll join you. And she did. It was kind of shocking, really.

She didn't let me take a picture of her, but snapping one of her breakfast was acceptable. So here you have it: western omelette, wheat toast and potatoes with a little bit of mother in the background.

Now here's how I get my iced tea home in my basket. I have to stick it in the corner, put my purse up against it snugly, then thread my purse strap through the holes in the basket and tie it down. If I don't do this, I'll have no tea by the time I get home! It seems like there must be some kind of bungee cord that's small enough to handle this job, but I haven't found it yet.

And it's hard to get a good picture of this system...

After breakfast I rode down by the stream again and took some photos. I'll put them up when I get them identified. We're supposed to get strong thunderstorms this afternoon but if it stays nice I might go out for another ride today. I'm also going to try and put some links to other blogs and websites I visit-- if I can figure out how to do it!


I'm back! I went for another ride this evening after all the crazy rain-- seven miles. I did see something out of the ordinary but I didn't photograph it. As I was coming around the corner of one of those country roads, I thought I saw two bodies crumpled in the middle of the lane.

"Oh my God!" I said, and the two crumpled bodies turned into two sheepish teenagers making out in the stupidest place imaginable.

Very romantic, if you're looking to get run over by a tractor or a bicycle.

Miles today: 10 Total miles: 69

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I am intrigued by your plan of riding your bike every day. I recently got a new bike and have been trying to ride every day as well...but the weather hasn't been cooperating!
Oh and just a thought...how about a really large rubber band to hold your tea???

helmet hair 365 said...

I think the thing that's keeping me riding consistently is knowing that I'm going to need to do a blog entry!

When the weather gets cold that's when I'll really be put to the test.

And yes-- maybe a rubber band with a clip or something!

Stacey Jessee Glenn said...

That breakfast looks yummy!!

Shell said...

Oh my gosh - stupid teenagers! lol

Way to go on the bike-riding! My husband has been riding his to/from work occasionally... 16 miles each way! I don't know how you guys do it.