Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 6 of 365


I rode seven miles today-- a full two miles farther than I have previously ridden! Now, seven miles may not seem like much but when the terrain is slightly hilly and the rider is out of shape, an additional two miles is an accomplishment. Above is a view of the road I'd just ridden down. Usually there's cows out and about on this farm, but I think they were in the barn for milking when I rode by.


This is a Yellow WoolyBear caterpillar crossing the road. He (or she) will become a Virginia Tiger Moth in the next few weeks.




I stopped to try and get a picture of
some grasshoppers (or locusts, or whatever they were) that were sitting among the soybeans when I got a shot of this butterfly, a Pearl Crescent.

I've been getting some good shots of flowers along the road, and when I get them identified I'll post them.

Miles today: 7 Total miles: 26

No comments: