Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 9 of 365


These long days at work are killing me! I didn't get out to ride until after 7:30, and it's getting dark earlier and earlier every day. Makes for a pretty sky and all but not particularly safe for biking.

The cows were out tonight! When I stopped to take pictures they kept crowding each other and getting closer and closer to where I was. I was hoping the fence was electrified!
I know I shouldn't be afraid of cows, but there it is.

I never realized until today that each cow has a name as well as a number. Above is Maud and below are Wendy and Allie.


I don't have any clients until 6 pm tomorrow, so I'm planning to go on a wildflower hunt.

Miles today: 7 Total miles: 40

2 comments:

Covered In Crafts said...

That's interesting. I didn't know that farm cows were named on thier tags either. I hope you do get to go for a ride a little earlier. be safe. :)

helmet hair 365 said...

I think it might be that they're dairy cows-- they'll be around longer than a meat cow, so you can afford to be somewhat sentimental about them. (that sounds kind of macabre, doesn't it?) I'm going to try and ride in the morning tomorrow before it gets too hot!