Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 16 of 365: It's so embarrassing!


You know, I get passed by other bicyclists all the time when I'm out riding. Well not all the time-- there aren't all that many people out and about usually. But when they are, they pass me.

But today was the worst! As I was getting close to home, I turned a corner and heard voices behind me. Before I knew it I was completely surrounded by about ten other bicyclists-- all of whom were at least as old as my mother and looked to be even more out of shape than I am.

And then they passed me! I started pedaling harder and kept up with them for about the length of a city block but they began to pull away. Then two elderly men breezed by and they were all out of sight in about a minute and a half. Some day I'll be able to hang with the speed demons. But for now I'm the tortoise...

That's a Bull Thistle up on the right. Soon I'll be getting some photos of the puffball stage of these guys.

Miles today: 9 Total miles: 93

1 comment:

Kerilou said...

I feel your embarrassment. I too, would be left in the dust. I stick to what I know, walking. I can't even make it up the hill by my house on my bike. Sad, but true. Bull thistle pic is cool! Kerilou