Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 28 of 365


Today was a day for utilitarian bike riding. I rode to work, to the grocery and of course, home. Here's a picture of my bike loaded up and ready to head out for work. It's kind of hard to see against the light-colored backdrop of the garage, but I have a kitchen garbage bag there filled with sheets and work clothes. There's three sheet sets in there-- and I'm not a great folder, lol. Some day I'm going to weigh one of these bags-- I swear it feels like 30 pounds as I'm trying to ride uphill.

And it's official-- it gets dark around here by 8pm. Boo!

This weekend I'm going to visit my sister and her partner in New York City-- and yes, I'll be bringing my bike. So look for some photos from the mean streets of New York! Actually, I don't know that I'm really going to ride on the street. I think we're going to go to the park and ride around there. I admit, I'm intimidated by the thought of riding on the road up there. But there's another part of me that wants to do it anyway, just for the heck of it. But I don't know that my riding style-- slow and looking all around (you know, touristy) -- is quite the thing for city biking.

Miles today: 5 Total miles: 161

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Go, go, go! I know you can do it! That is an awesome goal! I have a running counter on my blog where I keep track of my miles too! Keep up the good work!

Kerilou said...

How fun, NYC!! Can't wait to see what photos you get from there!! Why, may I ask, are you trucking around sheet sets in your basket? Is it for the weight? Kerilou

helmet hair 365 said...

I'm a massage therapist, and at the office where I work we're all responsible for our own linens. So I have to bring them home and wash them and then cart them back the next time. Sometimes it seems like all I do is wash sheets, lol.