Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 23 of 365


I wish this picture had come out a little more clearly-- isn't he (or she?) cute? It just gave me a chuckle when I saw that head peeking over the wall. This isn't the same farm where Maud, Allie and Wendy live, nor the farm on the slope. It's between my house and the Mennonite church, but closer to the church-- maybe half a mile from it.

I also got this photo of a Monarch butterfly. Unfortunately, I think the reason I was able to get the picture is because this butterfly is close to dying. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about butterflies, but every time I've seen a Monarch they're flitting about and very hard to photograph. This one was just sitting there and barely moved when I came near or when a car drove by. I was even able to touch it gently. It's sad to think of, but death is part of life, after all.

Miles today: 4 Total miles: 141

5 comments:

Pam said...

That cow was checking you out, lol!! Very cute photo.

Kerilou said...

That cow is so cute!! I love it. As for the butterfly-it could have just come out of the cocoon. As the mother of a very curious 12 year old boy, we have spent our last 3 Augusts hatching out Monarch caterpillars from caterpillar to butterfly. When they first come out they hang around for quite a while. It is gorgeous! The Lord was just lettin' you enjoy this little guy for a minute!
Kerilou

Sarah*Jane said...

What a funny pic! And the butterfly is beautiful! Congrats on still going strong!

helmet hair 365 said...

Good point Kerilou-- it hadn't even occurred to me that it could be a "newborn."

I can't believe I've been going this long, either!

helmet hair 365 said...

I forgot to say about the cow- one of the things that makes it so funny to me is that not even five feet from where this one is straining to peek over the wall is a big metal gate that he could see through very easily.