Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 11 of 365


I'm blogging while watching the Olympic opening ceremonies, so this'll be short.

It was an absolutely beautiful day today-- more like September than August. I took advantage of it and added another two miles to my ride for a total of nine. I started feeling it in my knees near the end so I'll probably keep it short these next couple of days. And now I'm eating chips and ice cream for dinner, so it's a wash anyway!

There is a pair of hawks in this area, actually I think there's more than one pair. I heard two of them calling to each other yesterday but couldn't see them in trees. Today I was lucky enough to get a picture of one. They were both flying overhead, but it was hard enough to even get this shot.

I also saw a train today. Here it is crossing in front of an Amish farm. Aside from the obvious buggy in the yard and black clothes on the laundry line, I knew this was an Amish farm because a bunch of Amish kids came running out of the house to see the train go by. Where this train is going I don't know. To pick up grain? Liquid chocolate at Wilbur's? I can't imagine what else it could be.


Miles today: 9 Total miles: 56

No comments: