Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 15 of 365: Isn't that a moving violation?


As I was stopped on the side of the road having a drink of water I saw an Amish buggy heading towards me. That's nothing unusual; this is Lancaster County after all.

I've never taken a picture of Amish as I try to respect their wishes-- they don't want to to be photographed. But I kind of wished I had taken one tonight...

As the buggy went by I looked inside and saw the driver, an Amish teenager, texting someone on his cell phone! Like every other person texting while driving he wasn't even looking at the road. Lucky for him he had a co-pilot-- his horse!

And speaking of horses, here are two I saw tonight. I couldn't get them to lift their heads for me for anything. I didn't go right up to them, though. I certainly don't have any fear of horses, but I don't like to approach them if I haven't asked or been invited to first.

I'm so tired tonight I don't even know if I can stay up for women's gymnastics. Tomorrow I have one client and then I'm getting a massage, so I'm going to try and ride early. I challenged myself today, going 8 miles on some pretty hilly terrain so I'll probably just head downtown for my ride tomorrow.

Miles today: 8 Total miles: 84

4 comments:

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

That is too cute about the texting teenager. LOL I love the horse pictures. I am really enjoying your blog and getting to see what you see while you ride. What a great idea.

Cece

Mother Goose said...

Congratulations on the 8 mile ride!

helmet hair 365 said...

Thanks ladies!

Kerilou said...

Amish with cell phones?? We have quite a bit of Amish in my area here in Northern NY, and they don't use cell phones!! My parents were in Lancaster last fall. They loved it! You are blessed to live in such a wonderful area! Kerilou